An Educators’ Guide
A comprehensive Educators’ Guide is available at no cost for high school and college educators to use in their classrooms in tandem with “Sidonia’s Thread: Crafting a Life from Holocaust to High Fashion.”
The Educators’ Guide offers narrative, background, essential questions, and activities for students that target five main areas:
- How can an ordinary person, under certain circumstances, lead an extraordinary life?
- What was the plight of Hungarian Jews during the Holocaust?
- What were the lives of immigrants like in the last half of the twentieth century?
- What is the relationship between creative design, dressmaking, and textiles and the Holocaust and its aftermath?
- What are some nontraditional methods of remembering those who have had a meaningful impact on our lives today?